Update: They have tapes!
An “interview” that Michelle Obama had with the API, admonishing them for “siding with racist bloggers” and ranting against them for questioning her husband, had one interesting little tidbit in it….
“African Press International is supposed to support Africans and African-American view,” she reportedly said. “It is strange that API has chosen to support the racists against my husband. There is no shame in being adopted by a stepfather. All dirt has been thrown onto my husband’s face and yet he loves this country. My husband and I know that there is no law that will stop him from becoming the president, just because some American white racists are bringing up the issue of my husband’s adoption by his stepfather. The important thing here is where my husband’s heart is at the moment. I can tell the American people that my husband loves this country and his adoption never changed his love for this country. He was born in Hawaii, yes, and that gives him all the right to be an American citizen even though he was adopted by a foreigner.”
There are a few things that I don’t know…
1. I don’t know if the adoption by Lolo Soetoro results in automatic Indonesian citizenship. Under US law, adoption of a foreign child by a US citizen does not automatically result in citizenship being granted, it has to be requested, but the request is automatically approved. If anyone knows Indonesian law regarding this subject, I would like to know more. No theories. I want sources.
2. I don’t know if Obama ever had Indonesian citizenship (either by request or automatically)
3. I don’t know how Indonesian law feels about dual or tri citizenship. If Obama was granted Indonesian citizenship, does Indonesian law require that you reject all other citizenships? If anyone knows Indonesian law regarding this subject, I would like to know more. No theories. I want sources.
4. I don’t know if Obama did give up his US citizenship, how his re-naturalization would affect his classification as a “natural born citizen.”
5. I don’t know why Obama has not been honest about his life. He has lied about virtually everything about his origins… from the Kennedy Airlift, to Selma, to the marriage of his parents, to his citizenship of Kenya to his concentration camp liberating uncle.
So here are the things I know…
1. I KNOW that Obama has now admitted that he was a Kenyan citizen through his father.
2. I KNOW that Obama has been hiding all sorts of things and only begrudginly admitting anything about himself when irrefutable proof is discovered.
3. I KNOW that the SCOTUS has never had a case they decided on the status of a person that held possibly three nationalities as a child and the qualification of “natural born citizen” as a qualification for the Presidency.
4. I KNOW that the SCOTUS has never decided a case on the status of a person that gave up his citizenship to the US when adopted by a foreigner, but was renaturalized a few years later.
5. I KNOW that I don’t want a President that lies and tries to cover up who he is and where he came from.
UPDATE 10/15: New lawsuit filed in Washington state challenging Obama’s “Natural Born Citizen” status
Filed under: Barack Obama | Tagged: Adoption, Birth Certificate, citizenship, Indonesia, Kenya, Obama, Soetoro | 42 Comments »