Previously, I talked about the causes behind the Russian/Georgian conflict HERE.
Now, the Russians and Georgians have agreed to a 6 point ceasefire plan….
Russia and Georgia agreed to six points in their truce deal completed Saturday:
• Do not revert to force again.
• Definitively stop all hostilities.
• Give free access to humanitarian aid.
• Georgian forces withdraw from areas of occupation.
• Russian forces withdraw to positions at start of hostilities.
• Open international discussions on South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
Notice something absent from that list? Like a timeline…
Regardless, both sides seem like they are in no hurry to leave the breakaway provinces, and both sides are quick with the accusations… and serious ones at that, such as ethnic cleansing.
And in a masterful stroke of diplomacy, Medvedev comes out with this statement of kindness and understanding….
President Dmitry Medvedev said: “The world has seen that even today, there are political morons who are ready to kill innocent and defenseless people in order to satisfy their self-serving interests, while compensating for their own inability to resolve complicated issues by using the most terrible solution — by exterminating an entire people.
“I think that there should be no mercy for that. We will do our best not to let this crime go unpunished.”
Don’t you just love it when heads of state call eachother “moron”?